Role Description – Senior Women’s Development Coach
- To create and deliver a positive team environment, through coaching expertise and leadership for the Senior Women’s Development side.
- Maintain a focus on the development of players, enjoyment of the game and connection to the club over winning at all costs.
- Represent the club as an exemplary role model at all times, and maintain the club’s values of respect, loyalty, innovation and inclusion.
- Support the development of a code of conduct for coaching staff and players that reflects the objectives of the Club on and off the field.
- In conjunction with the senior women’s coaching team, review and develop annual coaching plans and season objectives
- Prepare and deliver appropriate training sessions twice weekly throughout the season (some flexibility may be possible)
- Work with players to create their Individual Development Plans, and provide ongoing specialist coaching to support their growth as individuals
- Be an active member of match committee to select both teams
- Lead match day for Senior Women’s Development side including pre-game, game and post-match
- Support Senior Women’s side as assistant/line coach on match day where possible
- Ensure appropriate focus on safety and wellbeing of players at all times
- Assist players to build their confidence and connection to the team
- Support players with modified training programs to cater for individual circumstances
- In conjunction with Senior Coach/es assist with recruitment of players where appropriate
- In conjunction with Senior Coach/es liaise with junior grade coaches to establish a consistent coaching policy and junior pathway throughout the Club.
- Attend Club functions as agreed to
- The Senior Women’s Development Coach would work closely with the Senior Coach/es to maintain a consistent approach to the training, game style and overall experience of players (two teams, one squad).
- Liaises with the Senior Women’s Leaders
- Liaises with the BFNC Senior Committee
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse range of people
- Previous coaching experience is preferred, but not essential (must hold or attain Foundation Coach accreditation)
- Previous football/sporting experience is preferred, but not essential (experience as a player, coach, spectator etc.)
- Previous experience with large groups or sporting teams
- The club is open to supporting an inexperienced or aspiring coach to develop in this role. The club will be looking to appoint additional assistant coaches to support the Senior Women’s program.
- The club will support an individual to attain appropriate coaching accreditation for this position (Foundation Senior).
- As a targeted club focus to develop aspiring female leaders, and to encourage women & girls to take on leadership roles at Boronia, we strongly encourage female applicants to apply for this role.
- The club was set to field two Senior Women’s teams for the first time in 2020, with 50 squad members. The Senior side was set to take part in the EFNL Senior Women’s Division 1, the Development side was set to take part in Division 3, prior to season cancellation.
- The Senior Women’s squad is a strong group of women who have developed their own set of values which align with the club values. They strongly believe in staying connected and committed at training, game days and any off-field activities. Their manta is: Committed + Connected = ELITE
For more information or to submit an expression of interest please contact Scott Nicholas 0403 238 494 or email@example.com.
Expressions of interest close Sunday 4 October 2020.
The Boronia Senior Women’s Program is proudly sponsored by Community Bank Wantirna, part of Bendigo Bank.