Introducing EFNL Footy 4 Fun!
Footy 4 Fun (previously known as Auskick 7s) is an introduction to Junior Football for top aged Auskickers, and will aim to bring kids together, doing what they love, after a challenging year playing in a disrupted season. Kids will play small sided mini matches on the night, which mirror the junior football experience in a fun and safe environment.
Next Event on Friday, December 3rd and December 10th at Marie Wallace Oval from 5.30-7:30pm.
The mini matches will follow similar rules to our Under 8’s/Under 9’s competition and will create the best experience that simulates junior football!
You can find a rule overview below;
- 10 players per team
- 8-minute quarters with 5-minute half time break
- 4 games played at once on one oval
- 2 sessions, 1st games start at 5:30pm, second games start at 6:30pm
- No tackling or scoring
- League umpires officiate
- AFL staff allowed on field to assist with spread of players and disposal of the ball
- Kids will register prior to the event and teams and game times will be communicated prior
We are mindful of volunteer fatigue, especially with how difficult the year has been, so this event will be run entirely by AFL Victoria. (Please note families are welcome to attend, but we want you to relax and have fun with the kids too!)
Footy 4 Fun plays a huge role in showing both kids and parents that the jump from Auskick to Under 8/9s is not a difficult or major transition to make, and most kids thrive in junior football having completed their Auskick program.